Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday Stuff





I knew that I needed to keep Colin busy this afternoon so that he would not think about being sleepy. I did a good job with that! First, we took a trip to Target to get sneakers and socks with grips for Colin. The mornings are slowly getting cooler in the house as the temps are dropping and I broke out my own house shoes for the first time in months today. The time for socks is growing near! After a fair amount of digging, I found some with grippers at Target and I hope there is enough grip to keep him from falling on all of our laminate flooring. The sneakers are pretty cute, but they don't seem nearly as comfy (obviously) as the expensive sandals that we got from Stride-Rite. Colin wears those everyday and they are so nice. I need to make a trip back there for a fall pair, but I have been holding off to make sure that I get a size that will last through the season.

When Jer got home, we all went back out to get Jer a new pair of dress shoes for work. DSW is right beside Central Market, so we headed over there afterwards for dinner on their patio. It was a special treat with the weather being so nice and Colin really had a great time. They have a great playground that uses torn pieces of tire for the flooring. It is very soft and springy, which is great to avoid injury, but boy was it dirty! Colin did not want to do anything but play in it and his hands were solid black. He then started running around the whole patio, which made several people laugh. One woman stopped me to tell me that Colin looked just like me. I get a lot of that, but I also have people that say he is an even mix of both of us. I always enjoy hearing the different takes people have on that. I think he smiles like I do, which is probably why the woman thought he looked like me last night. Colin and I were both cracking up at the time.
After Colin went to bed, Ellen and I went over to my friend Sally's house to basically watch her set up her garage sale, drink a margarita and rifle through her stuff. I did not get home until after 11pm, which is really late for me. I feel a bit like I snuck out of the house. :-)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I've always thought that Colin looks exactly like you. Like he was some kind of immaculate conception and you just cloned him on your own. (Sorry Jer!) But there was one photo you posted many months ago that I thought looked like Jeremy.

Everyone thinks Kate looks like Mark and Carson looks like me. I think they get caught up in the coloring (Kate has Mark's, Carson has mine), but if you look at some of my baby photos you can easily see Kate. So I guess they are a mix...a beautiful mix. :)

I can't believe Colin didn't try to eat the tire flooring. Mine would have been shoveling it in by the handful.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I DEFINITELY think he looks like you...especially the smile! Not seeing whole lot of Jeremy, but maybe when he gets a little older :)

Gabby FOR SURE looks like me, especially when you compare baby pictures. Although, David kind of looks like me too, so I guess she looks like him too!

I love the second picture of Colin. What fun.

OOhhh, a margarita sounds YUMMY right now.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio