Thursday, January 15, 2009

Boomerangs and One Year Anniversary

I found the USB cable...in the small air vent built into the computer. I also found a pacifier and two business cards. :-) Anyway, here are a couple of the pictures from Boomerangs yesterday. My mission in life is to find places for Colin to play during these cold winter months and Boomerangs is probably my favorite so far. He is still too small to play in most of the bounce houses, but it is huge with a very long carpeted hallway between all the bounces that Colin must have run up and down 50 times. There was NOBODY there but us, so Colin was able to literally run until he passed out. They have a toddler sized bounce house and a toddler area with lots of things for him to throw, which is his favorite pastime. He laughed and had a blast, so I thought it was $5 well spent for sure! It is about 25 minutes or so from the house, which is not bad. We will be going back without a doubt. Here is the little man leaving me in the dust.


I also just passed an important milestone...one year at home with Colin. My last day at work was 1/11/08. I can't believe it has already been a year!! I can say without a doubt that I made the right decision for me and I would not change anything. It has been such a busy year...far more chaotic than I could have ever imagined and far more rewarding as well. I was so focused on my career for so many years that I would NEVER have imagined that I would get so much joy out of leaving it behind, but I do. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to rack up these days with Colin and I know that looking back on them will be precious to me for the rest of my life. Today, we had lunch together at Chick-Fil-A and then got new shoes at Stride Rite (7.5 wide! His feet are killing me!). When we got home, we spent at least 30 solid minutes playing hide and seek around his crib. Those are the little things that I want to remember...the afternoons spent playing with his trucks and running around Boomerangs with just the two of us. This has been the best year of my life.

But I am really tired. Did I mention that? I think that should be mentioned. :-)

4 comments:

The Murrays said...

You had me snorting out loud talking about Colin's hiding place! OMG...that is too funny. What a clever little guy. Schafer has a penchant for hiding his sippy cups of MILK in various drawers and cabinets. Ewwwww.

The Murrays said...

I just read your comment on my page and had to revisit your page to say that I really hope you join me in the head bonking mommy category. Oh, and I was really cracking up to hear that you sing the theme songs in public....loooooove it. Makes me feel slightly less crazy, or at least happy to have crazy company ;-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! We will have to try it out one day.

A few weeks ago my printer wasn't working. Dave opened it up and pulled out scraps of paper, a pacifier, a plastic piece that came off the outside of the printer, and about 4 or 5 pens. Apparently Gabby stands in front of the printer and messes with it when she is waiting for me to get off of the computer.

Melibelle said...

good thing it didn't break your little computer!!! so could have!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio