Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Blah's

Things are pretty messy over here at the moment! Colin has been having some serious sleep regression issues ever since his cold started and things went from bad to worse last night. He woke up at 12:00am and I was unable to get him back down until 4:00am. That includes a couple of very long cry it out sessions and then the two of us watching the middle of the night shows on Noggin. I really can't tell if the problem is his cold or maybe just internal changes that are messing with his body clock. He had finally made the official switch to one nap, and while it still varies in length, he seemed to be doing good and was even sleeping later in the morning. That good spell is apparently over at the moment and I am feeling much like exhausted newborn mama again.

I am feeling particularly sad this week because Jer is going out of town on Friday and will be gone for over a month. He has been offered the most amazing promotion at work that requires a month of training in London. I have never been away from him for even close to that length of time before and I am honestly trying not to think about it. Colin and I are going to miss him so much!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've got the Blahs...sleep stuff is always so hard. And congratulations on Jeremy's promotion but wow, over a month! I'll come over and keep you company! I'm off on MLK if you are around, and also weekends are always good for me!

Melibelle said...

WOW! A month!!! That's a LONG time. But in London.. that's so rad! Wish I HAD to go to London for training! Tell him Congrats! Maybe we can plan a get together at grapevine mill or somethign for me u and mel... with kiddos of course! that would be a fun distraction and some good girl time!!

The Murrays said...

Awwww....I'm sorry about the sleepless nights and that your hubby is leaving for such a long time. BUT congrats to him (and you guys) on a great promotion! You better just book yourself up and hopefully the time will just fly by :-)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio