Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!!

This weekend was not exactly a holiday for us...Jer had to work both Saturday and Sunday due to his huge new program that is finally underway. This is what he spent the whole winter out of the country working on, so it is a crazy time for him. He finally had a day off today and we tried to pack in as much Memorial weekend fun as possible. We went to feed the ducks and play at the park this morning, which backfired when everyone else in town had the same idea and the ducks were already stuffed. They actually ran from our bread, which was hysterical. Colin chased them all over the place, the poor things. We had Mexican food for lunch and Colin refused to sit in his high chair, so he sat beside me in the booth and covered me in beans. I should have taken a picture, I was a total disaster. Thank goodness I was wearing an old t-shirt. :-) He will still occasionally give us a few minutes in a high chair, but I can see that we are almost totally done with that, too. I had no idea how much was going to change before his second birthday, let me tell you! We headed home and changed for the pool after Colin unfortunately fell asleep in the car, thus ruining any hopes of a nap. We have lots of pools in our community and they were all packed today, which was no surprise. Colin seems to like the crowds and we still managed to snag open chairs and a little table. We spent about an hour there, but Colin was quickly getting overly tired without a nap. A tiny snow cone stand just opened between the pool and our house, so we stopped in for a treat on our way home. I made hot dogs for dinner in a final ode to the holiday and Colin just passed out in bed after our busy day. All in all, a great Memorial Day! Jer is now back at work on his laptop (he needs a vacation!) and I am enjoying the sting of a slight sunburn across my shoulders. I know it is incredibly unhealthy, but I love the tight feeling of getting just a touch too much sun. It feels like vacation, even if there is not one to be had. I will leave with a picture of Colin and I at the pool...the only picture of both of us that was taken. Maybe one day he will actually look at the camera when sitting with me. :-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sno-Cones, hot dogs, and swimming sounds LOVELY! And you will obviously get no grief from me for loving the sunburny feeling...I tried to soak up as much as I could today!

I hope you finally got your margarita at lunch today! :)

Melibelle said...

WOW! Lotso changes in your world huh? But it's all good he's growing up! While sad it's what you've been working so hard for!!! :) Glad you ahd a good Memorial day!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio