Friday, June 12, 2009

Stuck at Home

We are stuck at home today without a car, which is a royal pain. Yesterday I made the genius decision to run errands with Colin in what turned out to be a torrential downpour of epic proportions. It ended up storming so badly that I did not even make it inside the store with Colin and turned around and came home. During this pointless trek, I drove through several deep areas of standing water, which is when I managed to run over a huge industrial looking screw. I did not notice it at the time, but we walked out to a completely flat tire on our way to dinner last night. Jer is going to put on the spare when he gets home today and get it fixed late this afternoon. Thus, no car today. Colin and I have had a fun day regardless and he has been in his cutest form all afternoon! We decided to walk to the small pool that is a few doors down from our house. We don't use that pool in favor of all the splash parks and fountain pools that Colin loves, but since we were on foot, it made perfect sense today. Colin ended up having a blast splashing in the little kiddie pool and even more fun on the short walk to and and from our house. I took a couple of cute pictures of him, but the Oreo cream that managed to find it's way to my lens again sort of ruins the effect. ;-)


While we were swimming, Colin walked up to me out of the blue and put his arms around my neck. He proceeded to give me the absolute biggest and best hug I have ever gotten in my life. I did not ask for it and it was totally unprovoked...he just locked his baby arms around my neck and pressed his whole body into my chest with his wet little cheek mushed against my face. He held it for several seconds while I hugged him hard in return. I just don't know how I ever got along without this boy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing makes you need a car more than not having one! At least you are walking distance from a pool.

Let's plan a swim-date soon!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio