Monday, March 22, 2010

A Very Good Day, Indeed!

I am in total shock at the moment...we just sold our living room furniture on craigslist in less than 10 hours! OH. MY. GOSH. I am just so happy about this wonderful turn of events!! We have had our two couches and coffee table for 8 years now, they were our first purchase together when we got engaged. We have been dying to upgrade and Jer's parents just ordered all new furniture for their own living room and graciously offered to give us their AWESOME giant sectional if we were interested. Heck yes, we are! We are picking up the new sectional on Sunday, so Jer went ahead and listed our stuff online today. Honestly, I never thought it would work. I don't know why, but I could not picture anyone being interested in our old stuff...but sure enough, several offers poured in! A very sweet couple who just purchased their first home came over to the house and picked them up just a few moments ago. They were so incredibly nice and they have 4 children, ages 8 mos to 9 years! It sounds silly, but it makes me happy that our well loved couches are going into a home that will include kids climbing all over them. It just seems right. :-) I am extremely happy that we managed to make a profit at all on the couches and will sleep very happily tonight. YEA for something working out perfectly!! The only bad news is that the couches sold so fast that we now have to sit on the floor until Sunday. Colin's reaction in the morning should be interesting, to say the least. I think he will be excited for a giant open living room playground. :-)

Today was STUNNING, which is in sharp contrast to the cold and snowy 48 hours before. We all got out of the house (after my morning at the dentist) and spent time in the park. We also stopped to feed the ducks by our house and managed to get this picture of Colin:


I love this on so many levels. After we gave all of our bread to the ducks, we all turned to leave and Colin immediately demanded that we stay. "Mommy! Daddy! Sit down with me and watch the ducks!". We sat down and watched with him...he just loves to observe the world around him and I find it adorable! Jer and I got up to finally leave, but Colin just laid back like this. I was falling over myself to grab the camera. :-) He sat like that for some time...just soaking it all in. He is just the most amazing little man! All in all, this was a very good day! Good night, my friends!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

What a cute picture!! You need to frame that one!! Such a doll!

TanyatheMom said...

Love the pic! He is just SO adorable and sweet :-).

Anonymous said...

That has to be the greatest picture I have ever seen.

Can't wait to see pics of your new furniture!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio