Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Fall Festival

Today is a big day! FALL FESTIVAL! Colin's school has been gearing up for weeks and we have been counting down the days. All the kids can wear their Halloween costumes or at least a festive shirt, as in the case of Mr. Colin. He was not into wearing his costume today, but I was VERY proud that he agreed to wear his skeleton shirt and jeans. It was 49 degrees this morning and I was very nervous that I wouldn't get him into pants of any kind. I took him outside so that he could feel how cold it was, so that helped. He had not allowed pants anywhere near his body before this morning, so the jeans made me very happy. They set up lots of different games all around the school and had parent volunteers man each station. Once the kiddos played each game, they got a treat for their goody bag. It was absolutely adorable!! The classes all took turns attending, so it was not too crowded and just right for the little man. I volunteered and worked the session before Colin's turn. The next parent had not relieved me when Colin's class rounded the corner to the festival and therefore Colin got the shock of his life when he saw me randomly standing in the middle of his school hallway, wearing cat ears and whiskers, no less! He was VERY confused, by both my presence and appearance, and looked very much like he was seeing a ghost! He never really recovered after the shock and was a little "off" for the rest of the festival. He wouldn't really give me any smiles for the camera, which is unfortunate because he looked so cute! :-) Next year I will sign up to work the session way after Colin's! I learned my lesson on that one!
I loved getting a chance to see Colin with his classmates and watch him interact with his teachers. I was blown away by how well behaved everyone was...they all did exactly what they were told. They run like a well oiled machine and Colin clearly knew what to do and when. We got to play outside with the kids for awhile before it was time for them to go to lunch and when it was lunchtime, Miss Gina said, "Wild Things, LINE UP! Time to go inside!" and Colin jumped out of my lap and ran to get in line against the fence. I was amazed! The class had a very special pizza party for the occasion, so that was when the parents headed out. It was a great time and the perfect start to Halloween weekend! YEA!

Colin and his classmates line up before going outside to the bounce house. How cute are they?!
Playing "golf" for prizes. :-)


He liked his super cool candy jug that Miss Gina and Miss Kelli made him!

Not at all sure why mom is standing in the hallway...

Pulling lollipops out of a pumpkin with his buddies...so cute!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio