Friday, June 17, 2011

Colin and Mommy Date!

Look at me! Two posts in 24 hours! I am very proud of myself and happy to be back into blog mode! Now it's time to play catch up...June has been so busy and wonderful around here! Let's start with my recent date with the best boy in the whole world! We just had Legoland open at the Grapevine Mills Mall a few weeks ago and Colin has been begging to go. The day before the school district let out for summer, it hit me that if I wanted to take Colin without a huge crowd, I had to do it immediately! I informed Colin that we were having a special day together and he was over the moon. We arrived at Legoland at about 11am and it was everything Colin wanted it to be! The crowd was minimal (for such a popular place) and the first thing we came upon was a ride that took us through a castle. As we rode, we helped fight the bad guys with laser guns to save the princess. Colin LOVED it!! We also got to see a 4D movie, which was absolutely amazing. They showed Bob the Builder and we got to wear the special glasses and the whole nine yards. They had real water, wind and even snow in the theatre! Colin was blown away and kept reaching his arms out to touch everything. We had an absolute blast! Afterwards, we picked out a Lego set in the gift shop and then went on to the second half of our date, lunch at Rainforest Cafe! It was Colin's first visit there, which is crazy. He was beside himself over the animals and we got to sit right beside the elephants. They even had a balloon artist walking around creating balloon animals. It was the most amazing afternoon and Colin was radiating joy. We even popped our heads into Payless on the way out of the mall and he helped me pick out sandals. :-) It was just one of those days when I realize how lucky I am. Colin is my sidekick and as he gets older, our adventures together are becoming so much fun. Surprising him with treats like this is one of the highlights of my life! Seeing his face when he experiences something new and amazing...I don't think I will ever get enough of that!

Lego's are EVERYWHERE! :-)

VERY impressed with the Lego dog!

Ready for our 4D movie! How excited is this boy?!

The Lego display of Dallas...they had replicas of Forth Worth, too! Super cool!

LOVING our date!

Getting ready for lunch at Rainforest Cafe!

Posing by the fountains at Rainforest Cafe


Colin and the elephants!

Posing with his balloon caterpillar. What a PERFECT DAY!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio