Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Day for a Chef

Today, we went to a wonderful birthday party for Colin's favorite newly minted 5 year old red-head, Avery. She is my good friend Wendy's daughter and she is brilliant and adorable and loves Giada from Food Network. Therefore, her party theme was cooking and they made chefs hats and cooked their own pizzas and cupcakes. It was so brilliant and Colin had the best time.  I am loving Avery in this shot!  She knows how to throw a party, that girl! 
The favor was a tiny rolling pin, cookie cutters and a recipe for sugar cookies! Colin used the cookie cutter as soon as we got home and made his first batch of cookies "almost" by himself. Now, granted, they were made from store-bought pie dough (which I hate) and mint Hershey Kisses (which I hate), so you should take it with a grain of salt when I say that they were horrible. But Colin had a blast and was SO proud of himself that I ate two. And promised myself to stop impulsively making things that look pretty on Pinterest. :-)
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio