Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh, the memories!!






Last night I made the ill fated decision to pull out our old photo cd's to find something I was looking for. Boy, I found a lot more than that! I uncovered a million pictures of my formerly skinny self. I really do understand that I am heavy right now for a very good reason and that I will get back to my former self when I have some time to devote to that goal, but it sure does seem daunting when looking at these pictures. I have decided to look at the bright side...these can act as motivation! The other problem is that I am at the ripe old age of 26 in these photos...these were taken when Jer and I got engaged in the spring of 2003. Yep, these pics are exactly 5 years old. I am pretty sure that turning 31 and having a baby both limit the prospects of finding those abs again, but I digress! :-)

The other thing that these pictures remind me of? The amazing memories that I have with Jeremy. These pictures were taken during our big engagement party weekend in Ft. Lauderdale in April of 2003. We were there with a huge group of our friends staying in the condo that our company owned. This is when Jeremy was one of my pilots and we enjoyed the perks of taking one of the company jets to Ft. Lauderdale or Atlantic City for the weekend. We were a big group of kids in our twenties with access to great things and time on our hands! What good times we had!!!! I was skinny during this time because I had plenty of time to go the gym (trust me, abs don't come naturally to me!). Jer and I had the best time together! I love that we have that history to look back on and it means so much to me!! I kept having to stop writing this post to take care of Colin today and I just sat back down after giving him a bottle and putting him down for his nap. As I was sitting in the glider with his sweet chubby self collapsed in my arms sound asleep, I thought to myself that this is what it is all about. Jer and I have memories of each other as crazy, silly, rock star kids and now we will have memories of each other as crazy, silly parents to a rock star little man! What a wonderful life I am leading...fat or not!! :-)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great at any size. Seriously. You are blessed with being petite whereas I look like an Amazon and wearing a size 14 is considered thin for me.

I don't have any great rock star photos of me and Mark from before we got married. I did the opposite trend and got smaller AFTER getting married. I lost like 70 something pounds, and I still don't know how I did it because I was working insane hours. And then came a twin pregnancy...and...now I look just as fat as I did before I lost all the weight. Now I am just ready to take the easy route...one that involves a surgeon. :)

Melibelle said...

WOW! What a post! I feel the same way when I look at Daniel's and I's 3 year history! We have some crazy memories as well that I like to look back on. But you have a great point in that even though I don't have a cute kid to show for my fat I have a great marriage and memories so I shouldn't beat myself up so much! So thanks! :0)

Chalna said...

Shannon: While being "petite" has its perks, it also means that 10 lbs of weight gain on me looks more like 30...and so on and so on! I am telling you...the grass is always greener. :-) I do, however, appreciate the compliment...I have been pretty down lately and it makes me feel better!!

Melissa: You should TOTALLY stop beating yourself up! I have been thinking a lot lately about how super skinny we once were and I figured it out...we danced for like 3 hours every single day of our lives! Outside! In the Texas sun! For HOURS! HIGH KICKING! Hell yes we were skinny!! No wonder I can't figure out how to get that body back!! :-) Do they have drill team for grown-ups? hehehe!!

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for grown-up Drill Team! I've got the baby-weight blues too. But what I hate is that I thought I was chubby pre-baby...now my old clothes look TINY. Why did I not appreciate it then?? You guys all look great- the pic of the 3 of you on the next post is too cute!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio