Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just Rambles - 2008

I can't believe that tomorrow is New Years Eve. I can't believe that I blinked and a whole year of Colin's life has gone by. I always get very melancholy when Christmas is over. There is no rival to the holiday season for me and I start getting ramped up immediately after Halloween. In fact, I love Halloween because I know that the ball is rolling toward Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love the entire time between mid October to the end of December. Everything about Fall makes me happy. As with just about everything in my life...once I am really passionate about something, it consumes me. Therefore, these days leading up to New Years always make me a little sad and sappy. I also get excited, though, because I know that I have a fresh new year to explore with Colin. There are 365 days looming ahead of me that will be filled with funny moments and major changes for my precious 17 month old baby. When I look back at this time last year, I had an infant who was not able to sit up unassisted. I remember that I was laying on the floor for his Christmas card pose, holding him upright out of the camera shot so that we could get the picture. He was just a little tiny baby, who I thought was so big at the time...strapping 5 month old that he was! I could never have pictured him as he is now...running all over the house and climbing on anything he can get his hands on. It's late and I won't turn this into my big New Years sign out post...I will save that for later. I was just sitting here tonight contemplating the end of one year and the beginning of the next. :-)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio