Tuesday, March 31, 2009

HAIL!

We had a storm last night that was absolute insanity. I quickly realized at around 10:30pm last night that I had never been in a serious hail storm...until that moment. The thunderstorm kicked in right as we were heading to bed at 10pm. We did not give it a second thought at first...but then the hail started. They were golf ball and SOFTBALL sized!!! It honestly sounded like we were being bombed. I have never heard anything so scary in my life! It was so insane that Jer and I looked at each other and literally took off running for Colin's room. I was in a complete panic. It sounded so horrible that I thought he was going to be scarred for life. Okay, so I am being slightly melodramatic. It WAS insane, though. Colin stirred, but quickly put himself back to sleep. Luckily it was over rather quickly, but it left a lot of damage in our neighborhood. Jer and I keep both of our cars in the garage and it was quite obvious this morning who does not. There are car windows out all over the neighborhood as well as a lot of roof damage. Our roof looks okay, thank goodness! Our grill took a major beating; both side tables got shattered (!) and we had to pick up the remains of it this morning. I am very thankful that the grill seems to be our only loss from the storm.


Colin has not taken a nap or gone to bed without a fight since Jer got home. He even woke up last night at 2:00am needing to be rocked, which has not happened in months and months. It seems that he is afraid that Jer is going to leave again. Poor baby!!! He gets very upset and reaches for Jer every single time we move to put him to bed. It is breaking Jer's heart a bit, but I think he should shake it off soon.


Here is the adorable Colin shot of the day...Jer was using the Swiffer and Colin decided to "help". Precious little boy!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio