Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bluebonnet Photo Shoot 2009

Today was our second annual bluebonnet photo shoot! It is a Texas tradition to take pictures of the little ones in a fresh field of bluebonnets (our state flower for those readers who are wondering why I dedicated a post to this!) and today was our big day. We went to the same field that we used last year which is just about 10 minutes from the house located on an access road off the highway. I had been waiting because the field was a little sparse as compared to last year, but I think the cold snap we had earlier kept the blooms light. I realized that the season is almost over and decided to take care of it before we missed our opportunity. I made my mind up that today was the day, but it was certainly not the best choice! The winds today were gusting at 49 mph!! It was insane! It was bright and sunny, but the wind was serious. Colin thought the wind was odd and he kept giving me faces like, "What are we doing here??". I took 40 pictures and most of them were of Colin running away from me in glee. I asked...er...pleaded with Colin to sit down for a few shots but the answer to that was a resounding NO. I still managed to take some adorable ones and I am so glad!! I hope to have a whole series of frames of my children in the bluebonnets every year. They will probably be embarrassed, but I will LOVE IT. :-) To see how much my little man has grown, check out last year's shoot!

Here is my normal view point. Running AWAY. :-)



This one is easily my favorite of the day and will be framed for sure. I think he looks like a little angel!



There was a LOT to look at!



Hey Mama!!! Look over THERE!!! (this is when I would have to take off running since he was heading to traffic!)




This is right when we got there. Colin was all about checking out the field. He could care less that I was trying to take pictures! Occasionally he would yell, "CHEESE!!", but it was when he was running away at the same time. Nice moves. ;-)


The day was good all the way around. Jer, being the scientist that he is, found out the space station was going to be visible in our night sky tonight and he even did the work to tell us the exact time and he took me out into the backyard to show me exactly where it would come from, the exact path it would take and when it would disappear. That man is a lot smarter than me. Anyway...it was SO COOL! We stood outside together and watched it trace across the sky...it felt so strange to know they are up there working in space and I am standing in my aggie pj's in my suburban backyard watching them. Having an aeronautical man living in your house has definite advantages. :) I love you, Jer!!

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

I love you too! Is it time to pick more Bluebonnets already? One of my favorite springtime activities is picking Bluebonnets in Texas! I love to arrange the freshly picked Texas Bluebonnets in vases all around the house! It's just a shame, because they all die after you pick them. Still, picking Bluebonnets is fun.

Chalna said...

You are such an ass. You will deserve it when you get arrested for picking Bluebonnets. ;-)

Jeremy said...

Please, don't expect me to believe that's illegal too! You said that about my Japanese whaling trip and when I shot that Valley Quail in the face outside Napa!

Chalna said...

The people who actually read my blog are going to wonder who the hell I am married to. You are SO bad. :-)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio