Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hello Sunshine!

Things are trucking along in our world. The weather here is amazing at the moment and we are back to playing outside and wearing our shorts...at least for now. We always get our once-a-year snow storm in March, so I am just biding my time. We had a great day today at the park; Colin has mastered going down the small slide all by himself with me waiting at the bottom. He was absolutely adorable and extremely proud of himself! I promised him a trip to the park after forcing him to get a haircut, which is apparently now the worst thing you can do to him. He never had a problem with it before, as long as the clippers were kept far away. Things have changed over the last couple of months and now it is meltdown central, complete with screaming and back arching. He calms down if we sit in the big chair with him in my lap, but then when the clippers inevitably come out at the end, he flips completely out. I will be very glad when this stage is over...Colin has a LOT of hair and it grows very quickly just like his Daddy. There is no getting out of these haircuts, so we just have to soldier on! I must say, there is nothing in the world that I find more precious than Colin after a fresh haircut. He looks so utterly adorable with his perfectly trimmed little man hair. :-) Here is a picture of him from this evening...yes, that is the splint for my broken thumb. Yes, I totally give up wearing it.


This round of pictures was brought on by Colin tearing his room totally apart in the span of two minutes. I don't know what came over him, but while I was checking email, he walked into his room and pulled every single thing out of one of the huge dresser drawers and everything out of the two side doors of his changing table. That includes breast pads that I had no idea were still stored in his changing table and the empty creamer bottle that I have literally no idea how he got his hands on. When I saw this mess, I had little choice but to roll with laughter at his resourcefulness (after all, I was gone no more than two minutes!) and take pictures. Look at that crazy little mad scientist and his canine sidekick! :-)

Oh, and I should also note that I finished the last Twilight book a couple of days ago. It would honestly not surprise me if there were drugs that somehow crept off those pages and into your veins...that is how addicted I was to those books. New Dawn was beyond my expectations and an extremely satisfying ending to the series. I am actually sad that it is over...what on earth am I going to follow that with?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well he is just so proud of himself for "cleaning out" his drawer!! Gabby cleaned out my purse tonight and WOW, you don't realize how much junk is in a purse until you see it strewn about the entire living room.

I am so jealous of outings like this on beautiful days...looks like you guys had a great time together.

Melibelle said...

YOU FINISHED!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! I've had some things come up and I haven't gotten back to Eclipse :(

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio