Thursday, April 16, 2009

MOTIVATION!

**It should be noted that I have been working on this post for THREE DAYS. Colin does not allow time on the computer at ALL. ;-) **

I am making it official for all the world (or my 5 readers) to see. I am going to get healthy NOW. The time has come. I have decided that a public declaration is the way to go after seeing what a great job Dana has done. She made a vow to post about her journey every week, regardless of what happens. I am going to do the same thing. I am setting Friday as my update day. My goal is 25 lbs by July 3rd. That is an average of two lbs per week. I think that is attainable due to the fact that I am at my heaviest weight and the first half should be easier to come off. At least I hope so!! I certainly need to lose more than 25 lbs, but first things first. My goal is not only weight loss, but overall health. I need to get in better shape if I am going to have baby number two! I can't start a fitness routine after I get pregnant, but if I am already accustomed to one, I can keep it up! I am serious about this. I have posted numerous times about being chubby and wanting to lose weight, but I never did anything about it. I have finally decided that the time is now. I was in survival mode as a new mama for a long long time and I have paid zero attention to myself. Less than zero. If I don't force myself to do this now, it will be that much harder and I will be that much heavier after the next little one. So here I am, jumping into the deep end! I think writing publicly about this will help me be accountable and keep me focused on the goal. My past attempts were always thwarted by Colin and sleep. When he is sleeping well, I can easily find the will power to get moving. When he is waking up at 4:00am and not napping...well, that is when things go down the tubes fast. I am determined to change the direction this time! I am going to do it. The first rule will be that a bad day does NOT equal the end of the plan. If Colin has a bad phase, I may have to scratch my hour long workout, but I can still eat right and find 10 minutes on the elliptical. No matter what, I am going to DO THIS.


The hardest part of this is giving up the precious hour during Colin's nap. I must work out and I hate giving up that time. Colin's nap is my little window of sanity...I use it for any number of the following activities that don't get done around Colin: folding laundry, cleaning the house, taking a shower, fixing my hair, putting on make-up, reading a magazine, picking recipes and making grocery lists, watching a grown-up TV show, or just closing my eyes for a few minutes. That is only a partial list. I am forcing my work-out to go to the top of that list. I know that in the long term, I will be SO HAPPY that I did it. I just have to power through the first few days of getting used to a new "normal". The thought of buying a cute bathing suit this year gives me absolute chills of joy. I WILL DO THIS!

5 comments:

Alieson said...

You can do it!! Hercules, Hercules!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

I'm clapping and chanting right along with Alieson!

I am so excited for you!! And I am SO excited to read about your progress. I hope you like posting about it as much as I do...I have not felt this driven in the 2+ years since having Gabby, and blogging is what keeps me going. Even when there isn't good news to post, I am finding that I don't lose steam. For me, the key to success is keeping my health at the top of my list of priorities, and the weekly posting definitely keeps it up there.

I'd say good luck, but you won't need it...because I know you are going to be successful!


Now I am trying to get up the nerve to post my entire history of the ups and downs of my weight...numbers and all. It is a lot to put out there, but it will also be nice to have all that out in the open. Maybe next week!

The Murrays said...

You certainly sound motivated!!! That is awesome. I am going to e-mail a few good recipes your way. Nothing like yummy tasting health food to keep you on track! And YAY for cute bathing suits!!!

Anonymous said...

You start the first day of the rest of your life with each morning. You can do this on one day at a time. The Lord has blessed you so and with such gifts; your strength is contagious!! Thanks.
Mama Trawick

Melibelle said...

YOU CAN DO IT! I know you can! if i can so can yoU! :):):)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio