Thursday, April 23, 2009

This Week...UGH!

In an attempt not to be overly dramatic (which I suppose I can be at times), I will say that this week has not exactly been a piece of cake. Colin has been dreadfully sick all week long. I woke up with it on Monday and have been an utter mess myself. Toddler illness takes me down like nobodies business! Colin spent the better part of the week only napping while laying propped up on my chest while I tried desperately not to cough and wake him up. I have been feeling absolutely horrible and I know that I could have knocked this out with a couple of days in bed, but I think we all know the chances of that happening. :-) He has been crying so much in the past few days that I took him to the doctor again today. The little guy has been so miserable and inconsolable that I started to really freak out. He screams and tries to crawl up me, almost like he is writhing in pain! The pedi told me today that his throat is totally raw and that was probably causing the severe pain and resulting tantrums. He does not have strep and she thinks he just had one hell of a virus to get over, but all is well. After screaming through the entire doctors visit, he finally fell asleep in his bed when we got home and took a good nap. He was in much better spirits when he woke up and I think we have turned the corner. Thank goodness!! Everyone say your prayers!

I still feel like a mess and I am going to bed as soon as I publish this post. Colin and I have been home bound all week and I hope that tomorrow we can possibly get back outside again. We both seriously need some fresh air. Between Colin and I being so sick, I have not worked out at all since Saturday. I am sad that I won't have big loss numbers to report tomorrow, but I have followed my diet like a good girl, so I still feel proud! I will weigh tomorrow morning as scheduled and report back! With the way this week is going, I probably gained 10 lbs. ;-)

1 comments:

The Murrays said...

Awwwww, it sounds like you had a really rough week! Both of you! I really hope Colin HAS turned the corner. And yay for you sticking to healthy eating. I would have thrown it out the window and gone total comfort (i.e. BAD) food. Here's to hoping you have a good Friday!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio