Tuesday, June 2, 2009

No Words

My back went out AGAIN on Sunday. There are not enough words to express how tired I am of this! Luckily, it locked up without completely knocking me to the floor, so I was able to carefully sit on the couch while Jer was working and still take care of Colin, albeit from a laying down position while hollering at him. After the ambulance experience of a year ago, I am scared to death of being rendered helpless again. If Jer had not been home when that happened, I don't honestly know what I would have done. I went back to my family doctor yesterday morning and he sent me to a new sports therapy physician. I saw him today and he ordered an MRI and spinal x-ray, which obviously will require yet another doctors appointment. I am glad, however, that this doctor seems to be taking an aggressive approach. I will be very happy to follow whatever instructions he has in an effort to keep this from happening again. I have never had an MRI before, but I don't imagine it will be that big of a deal.


I have quite a story from yesterday to share. My doctor called in a prescription for a round of steroids and a small amount of pain meds. I have never had a problem taking prescription pain meds...they don't bother me in the least, don't upset my stomach, and don't give me a rush at all. However, they are absolutely the only thing that will touch the pain in my back when it locks up. When my back goes out, it knocks me to my knees, literally. As I have written about before, I am scared to death of being alone with Colin when this happens. Therefore, if my doctor gives me pain meds, I make those 20 pills last for six months. I take them ONLY in an emergency, so that they are around when this happens. I don't touch them unless I am desperate...I save them in the back of the medicine cabinet. I share this because of what happened yesterday. Jer picked up my prescriptions and headed over to get the car inspected. He put the medicine in the center console of the car, still stapled in the CVS bag they came in. After the inspection, he got in the car and opened up the console. He noticed that the bag was tampered with...just slightly smudged and a little wrinkled. He opened up the pill bottle and sure enough, three pills were missing. The script was for 20 pills and there were 17 in the bottle. Jer came straight home with the bag and told me what happened. I can honestly say that I have NEVER in all my life been SO MAD. The hair on my arms is standing up even as I type this. I called CVS and made sure the prescription was filled correctly before I started my rampage. Of course, the pharmacist assured me that they count and recount pain meds. The guy at the lube shop definitely stole my pills. I called the police and filed a report and then called the shop and spoke to the manager. In all fairness, he did seem upset and alarmed that this happened and assured me he would get with the owner and they would get back to me. I figure that we at least deserve a free service of some kind for the theft. Of course, I have not heard a peep back today from anyone. I know it is only three silly pills, which really makes no difference in the long run of life, but I feel SO VIOLATED. Some asshole put his grubby hands into my private prescription medication and helped himself to it. He also thought we were stupid enough not to notice if he only took "a few". As if we would not see that the tightly stapled bag had been messed with. I feel sick about it....I would give anything to do physical damage to this person. Whether it be three pills or a stereo or a car...the feeling of someone stealing from you is horrid. I suppose that it is a good thing that Jer noticed it first because if I had been the one there, I would have raised some serious hell in that place. Level headed Jer forced me to call the police first, then call the manager and would not let me go down there to do bodily damage to that jerk. I am STILL SO MAD! Jer put it well yesterday...that piece of sh*% had no idea if that script was for someone with a bad back or terminal cancer. What a low life. I swear that I lost a good bit of faith in humanity. To cool off, I will post pictures of my precious baby. At least HE is pure goodness!





3 comments:

Melibelle said...

OOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGG I cannot belive that. I feel horrifid for you. That's unbelievable that some low life loser would do that... putting his dirty car working hands in your bottle. I understnad someone broke into our house before we moved in... stole appliances. I felt so VIOLATED. They were in my house dang it! I'm so sorry about your back and glad to hear that this doc is taking an agressive approach! We're too young to have locked up backs!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your back!! I hope they figure out a good solution soon! And I am SO with you on your rage about the pills. That would get me steamed as well. Good for you for calling the police, and I hope the shop makes some serious restitution. They guy should be fired and you should get free service for life!!

The Murrays said...

He IS pure goodness. What a sweetie! Sorry about your back and the low life pill stealer. Jerk. I think our tempers might be similar...my hubby is the level headed one like yours, too! I totally would have thrown a fit. That is just ridiculous. If you think about it though, it's kind of sad. That guy at the shop must have been pretty short on smarts - if he convinved himself that you wouldn't notice the missing pills or the tampered bag it came in.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio