Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mom Trip!

I made a spur of the moment decision this weekend and spent my first ever night away from Colin! Jer was off work on Friday and Saturday and I decided on a whim to take a 24 hour trip to my parents house for a little "me" time. It was a lovely experience and I vow to do it more often! I drove the sports car (which I never do!) and listened to grown-up music the whole time! I stopped at the outlet mall on the way and just walked into all the stores to look around. I did not buy a thing, simply relished the time to walk in stores and browse without my boys pestering me to go! :-) I arrived slightly before 4pm and took a leisurely shower, actually fixed my hair, and went to dinner and the movies with my parents. It was fantastic! On Saturday morning I made a surprise appearance at my sister's baby shower that was given by her Sunday School friends. I had lunch afterwards and then hit the road for home. The trip was quick but much needed and I am so glad that I decided to do it. Colin and Jer are becoming bosom buddies and I don't think that they missed me too much. Colin was very excited to see me when I walked in the door, but it did not go unnoticed that he woke up this morning calling for Daddy on the monitor instead of me. I think I have been moved to second place for the time being. :-)

My sister is just about ready to pop with my little niece and the whole family is getting so excited. As of Friday, she is 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced, so she could go at any time now. I just can't believe that I will have precious little baby girl toes to kiss any day now! YEA!!!!

1 comments:

PBMelibelle said...

YEA glad you had a great time on your mom trip! :) You deserve it! :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio