Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Day Before...

It's the day before Thanksgiving and all through the house, not a creature is stirring, not even Colin. ;-) It is 2:15 in the afternoon and I have been cooking since the moment we woke up this morning! Jeremy and Colin just fell asleep in our bed so I decided to take a break, be quiet, and post a little update. My plan is going along GREAT so far! We put up all the Christmas decorations on Sunday and I did all the grocery shopping on Monday. We cleaned yesterday AND my wonderful husband put up the lights around the roof!! We all had a blast outside...Colin "helped" and I hung the twinkle lights in the bushes and helped Jer avoid falling off the ladder. We checked them out last night and it looks BEAUTIFUL!! There is nothing that I love more than a house lit up with lights!

This morning, I got things rolling by making the cranberry dish and both chocolate pies (with the exception of baking the meringue, which I will wait and do tomorrow before serving). Then I knocked out the regular and sweet potato dishes. I completed both of those up until the point of baking, which I will do tomorrow. As it stands so far, I am on target for each dish only needing to be popped in the oven. Thank heavens I planned ahead...I had no idea how long it would take for me to make all of this food! This is an all-day project for sure! Taking care of everything early has allowed me to really enjoy the day...we have been listening to Christmas music and having a blast. Jer ran out for a couple of gallons of iced tea and ice for the cooler, so all of that is ready to go. When Colin wakes up from his nap, I will start on round two of cooking...I need to make the stuffing, green bean casserole and gravy (all of which I can complete the majority of now and bake/heat tomorrow). Tonight I will dress the turkey to have standing by first thing in the morning and lay out all the other stuff, like place settings and last minute details.

I know these are probably the most boring posts in the world to read, but I want to document everything from my very first holiday hosting gig! :-)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio