Monday, November 23, 2009

The Thanksgiving Menu

This post is just for Dana...and anyone else that is just dying to know what I will be serving on the big day! ;-)

Roasted Herb Turkey: I bought a 14 pounder this morning...it is clearly the largest thing that I have ever tried to cook, but I am still hoping for greatness!
Homemade Gravy
Cornbread Stuffing with Apples and Sausage
Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Marshmallow Strudel
Green Bean Casserole (from scratch with fresh beans, no soup)
Baked Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Cranberry Fruit Conserve (over the top name for homemade cranberry sauce)
Rolls (NOT from scratch...gotta draw the line somewhere!)
Chocolate Pies!! (I am only making two because I have TWO pie plates. There will probably be a battle for possession)

This menu is rather carb heavy, but what can I say...it's a special occasion! Jer's mom is making several appetizers and her pumpkin pie. Mert is bringing the sausage balls for breakfast. Good lord, we are going to have a ton of food. Have I mentioned how much I love a holiday that is centered around food?!? I got all the grocery shopping done today, with the exception of a liquor store run later today and any trips back to the store for things that I messed up or forgot. Example...Colin has already broken into the bag of marshmallows. I knew that I should have bought two! :-)

3 comments:

Laura said...

you are sooo funny! That all sounds so good! Good luck...I've done it once and won't do it again. Too much stress!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

I see nothing wrong with this menu...what is Thanksgiving without an excess of carbs??

ALL of it sounds delicious!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio