Saturday, March 20, 2010

The First Day of Winter...er...Spring?

It is 40, that's right 40, degrees colder today than it was yesterday. We went from sunny and 75 to snow and 35. Happy First Day of Spring! Good grief!! This has been a very cold winter for us warm blooded Texans and it is still trying to hang on. We had plans to meet all of our friends over at Central Market this evening for a fun night on the patio, listening to live music and letting the kids play on the playground. Needless to say, that was cancelled. I am ready for winter to finally pack it in once and for all!!

I took Colin to Safari Park this morning, which was decidedly NOT a good idea. The weather is so horrible, so I figured it would be the perfect way to burn some hours and energy with the kiddo. What I neglected to realize is that today is Saturday and that means birthday parties. As in "mass crowd of kids and parents packed into a small space" birthday parties. As in "giant 12 year olds that are clearly too big for the playground" birthday parties. Man, it was a mess. Colin and I could not even find a place to stand...it was that crowded. We ended up having to leave after only 30 minutes (we were the first ones there, so I had no idea that insanity was going to ensue). I took Colin to McDonald's for a conciliatory ice cream cone and he cheered right up. :-) The good part of the morning was getting to actually witness Safari Park during the parties. I have toyed with the idea of having Colin's birthday there later this summer, but now I am absolutely certain that it won't work for us. That kind of chaos gives me a panic attack. :-)

It looks like the rest of our day will be spent hiding out indoors while it snows. Yes, snow. Did I say Happy Spring yet?

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio