Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break with Gabby

We just spent a wonderful morning with Dana and Gabby! Our original plan involved going to the park with lunch afterwards, but typical of spring in Texas, the weather did not cooperate. We switched to plan B, which was playing at Safari Park. This was Gabby's first visit to Colin's favorite destination and I think she had a great time. Colin absolutely adores this little girl and always has a great time with her. He plays remarkably well with her and she has the perfect temperament to mesh well with Colin. She does not get her feathers ruffled too easily and is so calm and sweet. They called each other over and over again on two "phones" and made themselves a picnic lunch. They were just so cute!! The only issue was getting Colin to leave...I may have to rethink play dates at Safari Park. Colin would literally NEVER leave! He loves it so much and when we go by ourselves, we always spend more than two hours there (frequently even longer!). Dana and I wanted to have lunch AND we were running late this morning, so Colin only got about an hour of play before I had to ask him to leave. He was not a happy camper and our exit involved me carrying a kicking screaming toddler out to the car...not great. Needless to say, lunch did not start out on a good note. ;-) We went to Five Guys Burgers and Colin and Gabby picked out our table. Colin even asked to sit by Gabby instead of me, so I know he is seriously in love with her. hehe!! Colin cheered up once our food arrived and then as he began eating the little bites of hot dog that I cut up, he bit his finger HARD. Lovely. Now this is my favorite part of the whole thing....right as Colin bit his finger, Gabby was singing him a song. As Colin launched into hysterical tears, Gabby looked at Dana and said with utter seriousness, "I guess he didn't like my song!". I WAS ROLLING!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I love these kids!! Colin was really upset after that and spent the rest of lunch alternating between eating and showing me his hurt finger while tears ran down his cheeks. What are the odds?! Gabby was so sweet and kept offering Colin bites of her grilled cheese and fries. She is really one of the most wonderful little girls I have ever met. She has such a calm and generous nature and Colin is really taken with her. He talked about her the entire way home while telling me that he loves her. He has never been shy around her, which says a lot. It was a great morning despite the upset at lunch and I can't wait to hang out with them again.


Here is a picture that I took at lunch and it pretty much sums up the experience. Poor Colin! I hope this is the last time that he takes a bite out of his own finger. ;-)




Gabby and Colin share their "picnic" at Safari Park. No, they did not invite the other little girl to join them. LOL!

They were just SO CUTE together!!


Here they are talking to each other on the phones. They were seriously chatting!


Now, because I am me...I had to reminisce a little. ;-) Here is our play date with Dana and Gabby last year for their spring break! Look how much they have grown!! I love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still laughing about the "I guess he didn't like my song..." HA!

These two must just be made for each other, because Colin totally calms her down. She is normally much more bossy and strong-willed! I have NO idea where she gets that from.

Yes, Safari Park was a great choice for today, Gabby LOVED it. And that hamburger was DELICIOUS. Although, despite the coma-inducing burger, I still managed to come home and inhale several handfuls of snack mix while Gabby was napping.

Am totally linking to your blog in lieu of retyping the whole thing in my own words :)

Chalna said...

I have eaten pretty much the entire bag that you brought me of that snack mix!! Have I mentioned how much I love that stuff!?! I even ate it on the WAY HOME, despite just eating that entire burger!! ;-)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio