Saturday, August 6, 2011

A New Day!

Well, it is going to be 108 degrees here again today and despite the heat...the endless soul sucking heat...I am having a GREAT day already. My diet from last summer is officially back underway. And I feel awesome already!

A little over 2 months ago, my OB/GYN put me on the mega dose of clomid with metformin. In the days following, I have gained 27 lbs. I am only 4 lbs away from negating my entire weight loss from last year. It has been so sudden...my rings don't fit, my clothes don't fit...all seemingly out of the blue. I didn't have any trouble maintaining my weight until we started this exact dose of meds. It definitely did something strange to my body. I had to go dig the "fat bag" of clothes out of storage two days ago and that woke me up. This is totally unacceptable. This fertility mess is made even more depressing...gaining almost 30 lbs before you even get pregnant is bad news all the way around. I feel like a fat, sad failure. And you know me...I don't do sad. SO...I am chucking the fertility meds for awhile and doing a complete refocus. I went to see my doctor yesterday (the one who did my weight loss program with me last year) and we did bloodwork and labs and a whole workup again. I have dusted off my diet notes, added some good calorie apps to my new phone and reminded myself of my favorite healthy recipes. My doctor cheered me up by reminding me that I know exactly what to do this time and won't be wasting any time learning...I have all the knowledge this time around. I can undo this damage and clear my body of all these crazy meds. I already feel like a new woman. This changed my life last year and it is going to feel so great to get back into that mindset! So, let's get back into those skinny jeans! It shouldn't be a problem because it won't be cool enough to wear them for another million years two months. :-)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio