Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Divine Consign


I did not get the opportunity to post last night because Ellen and I made a late night trek to shop the Divine Consign sale that takes place twice a year locally. I found out a couple of months ago about the sale...apparently it is the largest consignment sale ever and they are very strict about what they will sell, so the products available are great. I was early enough to sign up for the "First Time Mom's Pre-Sale", meaning that Ellen and I got to shop last night at 9pm before the sale officially opens today. That was GREAT! I got stacks of great toys for Colin that were all around $3-$5 each. I also found several cute outfits from Ralph Lauren and Gymboree for just a few dollars. I could have really done some damage, but I finally had to put a bunch of stuff back and calm down. :-) They had such a wide selection of things!! Ellen and I shopped for a couple of hours and I made it home at around 11pm. It was also nice to spend a couple of hours with Ellen by ourselves. I put Colin to bed before I left and put Jer in charge of holding the fort down. It was nice to get some shopping done without being in a baby induced hurry. Not to mention the fact that it was the first time I have been in the car without listening to a Baby Einstein movie in months! :-) Good times!
The picture above was taken yesterday afternoon. I brought out that pony (which he is too little for at the moment) to give him something new to grab and look at. He loved it! He slept slightly better last night, giving me a 4 hour stretch of sleep after his 2:00am bottle. He has been really needy at night lately and I know it is because of the teeth! I am really making an effort to enjoy this time, though. I don't mind all the sleepless nights and being endlessly tired. This little sliver of time in our lives is going to end before I know it. I had to stop typing this for a moment because Colin was fussing. I picked him up and he nuzzled his little face into my neck and tucked up his knees into my arms. I sat down in his room in the glider and rocked him to sleep. He was so warm and sweet in my arms. He is now tucked into bed for a morning nap and I am reminded as usual that these are the sweetest days. I am so lucky to be home taking care of my precious baby!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio