Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sunny Saturday!

Today was a fun day! We decided to start a new family tradition...going to Dallas on race day! We live very close to the Speedway and traffic out here is crazy on race weekend, so normally we stay at home or close by. We decided this morning that it was far too pretty outside to stay home, so we headed to Dallas for our favorite Thai food. That is one thing we miss about living in the suburbs...good Thai food!! We had such a good time that we decided to start a new tradition and head to Dallas for our favorite foods on race weekend. There were so many places that we wanted to eat that we came very close to getting a hotel room so that we could have more than one meal! HA! Anyway, Colin was well behaved, but by the time dessert rolled around, we had to eat fast because he was ready to get moving. Gone are the days of him lounging quietly while we eat. Not anymore!!! He wanted to grab everything he saw on the table and was very vocal about wanting what we moved out of his reach. He was very sweet, though, and I think he liked all the new scenery.

After lunch, we looked at the kitties next door at Petsmart and then drove back to our neck of the woods to pick up some odds and ends at Sam's. I spotted a really nice area of bluebonnets on the way home, so I am planning to take Colin back there tomorrow for some pictures. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect spot to get the famed "baby in the bluebonnets" picture and I think this area will work great as there is a good spot to park nearby. Jer was laughing...he said that is a very "Texan" thing to do...park on the side of the road to take pictures in the wildflowers. I told him that it was indeed, so get on board! :-)

Yesterday, I took Colin up to my old office to say hello to everyone. I had been meaning to do that forever, so I decided to go ahead and get it done. Jer works for the same company, so Colin got to visit Daddy at work also. He was so adorable saying hello to everyone, although he tired out very quickly and was hiding his face in my neck to let me know it was time to go. I never get tired of that, I must say!! It was strange being at my old office watching everyone carrying on without me. It reminded me how lucky I am to be home with Colin. I would much prefer to be exhausted from taking care of my sweet baby than to be worn out from spending all my time at work. Now I just need to hurry up and invent something so that I never have to go back to work. :-)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio