Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sleep...where are you!?!?

Colin did not sleep at all last night. That is actually not much of an exaggeration. He went down at 8:30 like he normally does. He had two good naps yesterday like he normally does. However, he woke up crying the first time at 11:00, which is really early for him. I knew something was not quite right, and I was right on the money! He woke up every 30 minutes to an hour all night. He had a full bottle at midnight, but that did not help. At 2:45, I gave up and put him in bed with me in the guest bedroom. He fell right asleep, but was awake again at 4:30. That was the most sleep he got all night. After battling until 5:00, I was forced to get Jer up so that I could catch an hour of sleep before he left for work. Poor Colin fell back asleep at 7:00 am and took about an hour nap. He is now playing with his toys. His other eye is now red, so whatever is going on there has moved to the other eye. Maybe that is what was waking him up. I think this may be all about the teeth and there is not much I can do. Last night was the worst it has ever been, so I am keeping my eye on him closely today. I am really hoping he is not sick. Wish me luck. My big plans of going to the outing in the park with my new mom's group are out the window...I am going to spend the day trying to sleep when (if) Colin does. I wish I knew how to help him with sleep. My issues with sleep tortured my childhood and I don't want the same for Colin. It breaks my heart to watch him wake up all night long!! Hopefully he will be better tonight. My poor little angel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds a lot like teething to me. Kate does the same thing the day or so before a new tooth arrives. They do the most amount of growing and pushing at night.

From what I could see, I love your bed in your last post!

Chalna said...

That makes me feel better to hear you say that! I really hope it is just teething. I am a walking zombie!

Thank you about the bed! Since I don't think I will ever be able to afford furniture again, I better love it! It has to stick around for a long while! :-)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio