Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Colin, Dirty Floors, and Dog Biscuits



As you can see in the above pictures, Colin is all over the house at the moment. He won't stay in one place anymore to say the least. This brings up the problem with my horribly dirty floors. You don't realize how rather yucky your floors can be until you have a baby spending all waking hours scooting across them and putting every tidbit he finds in his mouth. UGH. The poor guy is covered in cat hair, crumbs, and carpet fibers every time I pick him up. I am trying to stay on top of these floors, but with pets...UGH again! Oh well...I keep telling myself it is helping his immune system. HA!
Because of Colin's current active lifestyle, he has a new favorite hobby. Eating DOG BONES. Yeah, like Milk Bones, good people. Enzo always hides his bones all over the house for later consumption and now Colin is the one finding them. Enzo will often crumble the bone up and leave bits hidden and Colin has eaten SEVERAL of those before I have caught it. He will shove the bit in his mouth and then I can't tell he has eaten anything until I see the telltale dog biscuit drool on his shirt. Nice, I know. I try to catch Enzo hiding the bits so I can clean them up, but obviously I keep missing some because Colin keeps finding them. I also have to be very careful because Colin will absolutely eat the dog food if I leave it within reach. And don't even get me started about the water bowl. Poor Enzo. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I hear ya!
Our cat food and water bowls permanently live on the countertop...they just have to eat up there. Sometimes when I take a close look at Gabby, I notice multiple cat hairs stuck in the drool on her face. I'm worried that one of these days I will find her sitting in the litter box!

Anonymous said...

My twins LOVE to eat dog food! I can't tell you how many times I've caught them with their mouths stuffed with kibble. Then they get really pissed when I have to get it out of their mouths. So the dog water is now in our master bathroom -- which the kids are not allowed and the dogs pretty much live exclusively in our bedroom. The food bowls are up on the breakfast table.

As for the floors, I vacuum all of the floors every single night and I use the Swiffer every night. On Sunday nights I use bleach water to get it extra clean for the week.

You just wait until Colin starts getting into the trash cans (bathroom & kitchen), the cabinets, and best of all...splashing in the toilet water!! Ugh. This needs to be your new mantra..."Nothing is sacred!" :)

www.kateandcarson.wordpress.com

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio