Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

We just finished up a great weekend. We had a wonderful time on Saturday and then on Sunday we got a surprise visit from my sister Meredith and my favorite nephew Jackson. He will be three on July 1st and I just can't get over how big he is. He looks like he is at least 5 years old. Colin is exactly as big as Jackson was at this age, so I think we just raise some big boys! It is hard because I want them to stay my babies!! Colin had a fun time chasing after Jackson and I think they are going to be great friends one day. The two year age difference won't seem like much when they are older and I love that they will get to grow up together. It was great to see my sister, even if she is a skinny bitch. :-) Love you, Mert!

After my sister left, we went to the pool with Ellen and her little girl Aubrey. That was so much fun! We have 6 pools in our community that we have access to and one of them is a huge water park style pool complete with a big water slide, several fun water features, a "beach" like area and a mushroom that pours a heavy waterfall that you can swim under. Jer and I have never been to that pool mainly because it is always beyond packed with kids and not exactly somewhere we would go without children. We decided to give it a try with the babies yesterday and let me tell you, we will be there often!! Colin had a BLAST! The beach area ends in the mushroom that rains the waterfall and it gives off a heavy spray of mist all around it. Colin absolutely loved it! We sat very close to it and he let the water splash all over his face. He "walked" around it over and over again with Jer or I holding his hands and the closer he got to the spray, the better! I was shocked by how much fun he had with it. Not to mention the kids...there were tons of them there and Colin would have stayed there all day watching them. He really seemed to have a great time and did not get bored once. At the quiet pool on our street, he gets antsy after just a little while, but he would have stayed at the big pool forever! I am glad we figured this out because it gives us one more free activity to enjoy with the man. The rest of my friends are going to have to bring their babies over to swim there...ya'll will love it! Colin was so worn out when we got home...he slept from 6:30pm to 6:30am! NICE! :-)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio