Monday, June 23, 2008

Crescent Chicken Squares - Recipe Post


My friend Shannon frequently posts delicious recipes and she asked me a couple of weeks ago to share some of my own dishes. Tonight I made Crescent Chicken Squares and let me tell you, for something that is so simple, these are to die for!! We ate all of them and even Colin loved it!! I even managed to remember to take a picture before we devoured the last one, but I apologize for how bad the picture turned out. :-) I served them with fresh green beans sauteed in lemon and butter and iced tea. Simple and easy!

Crescent Chicken Squares

3 oz cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper (I added a little more than this of both the salt and pepper...I do this to taste)
1.5 cans of refrigerated crescent rolls (this will make 6 pouches total)
1 cup of seasoned croutons, crushed

Combine cream cheese and 2 tablespoons melted butter, stir in chicken, milk, salt and pepper, set aside.
Unroll crescent dough, separating into 6 rectangles, press perforations to seal. Divide the chicken mixture evenly into center of each rectangle; bring corners of each rectangle together over chicken mixture and twist gently to seal.

Brush packets with remaining two tablespoons of the melted butter; dredge in crushed croutons, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 -25 minutes (25 minutes is perfect in my oven) or until golden.

**these are AWESOME with chicken gravy...I made the instant McCormick gravy packet and served it along side. It really made the dish and I would not make these without it!**

The only thing I will do differently next time is to make just a little more of the chicken mixture so that I can use both cans of the rolls. It seems silly to waste the other half of the second tin and that would have made a good lunch tomorrow! As I made it tonight, this should serve 4 people easily, but Jer and I are huge pigs and Colin ate one by himself, so there go the leftovers. ;-) I hope you enjoy!!


0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio