Friday, June 27, 2008

Special Moments with Colin

The question of the day on my message board today is to describe your favorite time or moment during the day with your baby. I have been pondering this question, wondering if it is possible to pick just one moment that is my "favorite". I love breakfast with Colin. He sits in his high chair, which I pull up to the bar so that I perch beside him on a bar stool. I crumble breakfast on his tray and then proceed to eat some of whatever I made for him...this morning it is strawberry eggos. We sit together, usually watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He thinks it is hysterical when I make exaggerated faces while I eat, which I do for him every morning without fail. He laughs hard and claps his hands and scatters food everywhere while Enzo paces the floor beneath to pick everything up. I sing songs to him from his shows to crack him up and we just enjoy eating together. Then again, there are those special moments before bedtime that I adore, too. I sit and rock him in the glider for about 20 minutes. I sing softly to him and stroke his hair and cheeks and kiss him. Lately I have begun using one hand to softly rub the muscles in his legs while we rock. I would imagine they are sore after a long day of learning how to walk and he really seems to love that. I massage each leg and then each little toe. These are the few moments where he is actually still and I love to feel him laying in my arms and watch his little eyes drift shut and then open again as he tries to stay awake. I am very aware that these moments in particular are fleeting and I try to memorize the way he feels in my arms each night.


Colin is such a happy baby. He laughs all the time and is very quick with a smile. He finds joy in everything he sees. He is loud, just like his Mama. He loves Enzo more than anything and squeals literally every time he sees him. The best way I can describe his personality at this point is silly and content. Not much ever seems to ruffle his feathers and he is always laughing and "talking". As we get ever closer to the big birthday, I try more than ever to etch every single one of these little traits into my mind so that I can remember what it was like to be loved by this amazing little 11 month old.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio