Saturday, June 14, 2008

Howdy from East Texas!

I am writing tonight from the metropolis known as my hometown. We came in for the weekend to visit my mom who is in the hospital following a scheduled surgery. (she is fine!) These brief visits are still really hard on Colin, but he did a pretty good job last night. We are heading home tomorrow and that is probably a good thing considering how much chicken fried steak was ingested. ;-) I can literally feel myself getting fatter! It was great to hang out with my sisters, although I hate that my mom is stuck in that dang hospital. UGH! With Colin needing two naps a day and an early bedtime, it did not leave much quality time with her!! Besides that we have had fun...today we went out to the blueberry farm and picked up our favorite pies that are only sold about 4 weeks out of the year. Afterwards we ate at The Shed and had a great time. It is not often that I get to hang out with both of my sisters at the same time these days, so that was wonderful!! We were our usual loud selves and had a blast. We were all piled in my moms room at one point with all three sisters and all of our men and Colin and Jackson...I am surprised we were not thrown out! :-) I will post some of the fun pictures we took once we make it home tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with your mama?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio