Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Countdown Begins...




Colin will be one year old in 10 days. I am finding myself in a suspended state of disbelief. How can these pictures be a year old?!?! That stunningly beautiful little face has been on this earth for a whole year. I am just sitting here...staring at the folder marked "July 2007" and wondering how we got from there to here so fast. I was so scared and excited and dying to meet Colin at this time last year. We had finally scheduled the c-section for Friday, 7/20. Colin had been measuring very large since the start and Dr. White was not comfortable with me trying to deliver him. Colin's head was specifically measuring off the charts and his shoulders were wide...we were nervous about injuring Colin more than me! I had weekly ultrasounds at the end, trying to decide if I could do it. Dr. White felt we should be safer than sorry and so we scheduled the surgery. I love Dr. White...that will be another post...he is amazing. I remember that it felt so good to know the date and that Colin was finally coming! My due date had been 7/28, so the schedule was a week early. I was huge...gigantic. It was so hot and I was so big...I could hardly move at this time last year. My feet were huge and swollen and I decided to take off work that last week before he came. Looking back, it was such a special time. I was supposed to be off my feet and trying to keep my huge baby inside. Instead, I was all over town, buying new towels and sheets for the guest room since we had family coming in. I was in nesting mode to say the least. I remember being at Tuesday Morning and trying to carry all the bags of merchandise to the car. At this stage, I must have looked very close to popping because I got a LOT of worried stares. I remember the check out clerk carried all the bags to my car for me that day...his face clearly showed that he was worried I was going to pass out in the parking lot! I was so full of baby...my stomach was a huge show to watch...there were times Colin would turn over and my whole stomach would shift to one side in a huge peak. I loved trying to freak out Jer by calling him to come look. Colin was also getting the hiccups non-stop at this point. My whole belly would shake with them. Ten days. My baby will be one year old in 10 days. It simply cannot be so.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin really and truly was one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen. Most look like weird little aliens (I love my twins, but go look at Kate's newborn pics. Of course she was two months early, but...well, she turned out beautiful.) :)

I hate to tell you this, but time goes by even faster once the hit one year! It's scary. I'm so happy you started blogging. It will serve as your memory one day.

I CANNOT wait to see the birthday boy (and you, of course). :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio