Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our Anniversary Date Night!


Jer and I had a great time last night! My wonderful sister Alieson came over to watch Colin and we went to dinner and a movie in downtown Ft. Worth. It was a much needed night out! We took the car instead of SUV (wow!), listened to music in the car instead of The Wiggles, and ate dinner at a very nice place that would have never worked with a baby in tow. I forced myself to slow down and actually eat at a normal pace and we walked around the square to the movie theatre afterwards. We saw Hancock, which I thought was good, albeit a little different. When we got out of the movie and began the walk to the car, it was dark out and the party crowd had hit the streets downtown. There was live music playing from different outdoor places and the smell of smoke and alcohol wafted around us. It hit me that it was the first time I had been outside like that on a Friday night in over a year. It actually made me laugh to myself...I guess I had imagined that time was standing still when I was at home getting ready for bed at 9pm on a Friday night. Nope...the world has gone on without me. :-) We headed home via Wal-Mart to get formula. Yep, even on date night, we are still parents all the way. And I was very happy to get home and see his sweet little head sound asleep in his bed. We had a wonderful 5th Anniversary!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio