Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fingerpainting!!




My little man is bored. I decided that we desperately needed to switch things up today, so we broke out all of Colin's awesome finger paints and supplies that he got from his best friends, Kate and Carson. We both had an absolute blast!! We got all set up out on the back patio since the weather today was perfect at 90 degrees and sunny. I squirted some of each color on four different sheets of paper and let Colin go to town. It took him a few minutes to figure things out, but once he got going, he was a natural! He was squealing and laughing up a storm! I had to put the camera away once things started to get really messy...he was hysterical! I don't think babies love anything more than getting dirty! The fun picked up even more once he got tired of painting...I went over and turned on the hose to clean him up and that turned into a solid hour of play!! I stripped his diaper off and ended up handing him the hose. I sat in a lawn chair while Colin ran around the little square of cement, squirting himself, the dog, me and the grill. :-) He was having so much fun that I went inside and got his bath toys...he splashed and played forever! What a great time!! I think he felt great doing something different for a change, not to mention the fact that he got to leave his diaper off and play with water...two of his favorite pastimes. This was an afternoon that I think we will remember for a long time!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

haha YAY! I'm so glad he liked it. You are a brave mama to give a 1-year old the hose!

The Murrays said...

Is that a smock he has on? How cute is he?!?! Schafer could spend hours playing with the water hose too... Oh, and Colin's one year pics are just perfect. I can't help but grin everytime I see those dimples of his!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio