Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lazy Sunday

This was such a pleasant weekend! Yesterday we did absolutely nothing, which was great. The whole family basically stayed in our pj's until it was time to go to the pool. We finally took Dad to the splash park pool that opened at the new amenity center in our community. I am pretty sure that makes our 7th pool (wow!) and this one is my favorite because it has a stand alone splash park with lots of fun water features. Since it is not connected to the main pool (which is also really nice!) Colin is able to run around the whole thing playing because the water is only 12 inches at it's deepest point. It makes me laugh how much our family has changed...up until this summer, I had only been to the little pool that is on our street and only maybe twice...and that was living here for three summers!! Now we are pool experts. :-)

Today we had brunch with Jer's parents at our favorite Mexican place, which was yummy as usual. Colin ran out of steam a little early, however, and suddenly wanted out of his highchair and into my lap. He cheered right up when I let him walk around the entrance and smile at all the waiters. This afternoon we went over to Ellen's house to play with Aubrey and he had the best time. He and Aubrey are so cute together...she loves to share her toys with him and they sat for the longest time looking through her stacks of books and piles of stuffed animals. Colin hugged her several times and I was very proud of him! He was much more gentle and is slowly getting the hang of it. She has a wall of bins filled with toys and they played together for a couple of hours, taking the bins down and dumping all the toys. I think he would have stayed all night, but I had to drag him home for dinner and bed time. At one point he walked over to Ellen, climbed in her lap, and gave her the biggest hug. It was so sweet!! He is such a lover!

As I was putting Colin to bed tonight, I noticed that his room was a lot darker than it has been. That is my first signal that summer is drawing to an end...the shorter days are on the way. I am excited for fall...Colin is such a fun little toddler now and this year will be so much fun. Fall is by far my favorite time of year and the holiday season with Colin is going to be such a joy. I am looking forward to the weather cooling down and spending more time on walks outside and playing in the park. There is so much to look forward to this year!! The end of August is so hot and tiresome, but great times are not far away! I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Melibelle said...

ok now I'm TOTALLY happy and excited for Fall too...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend! And we cannot wait for some fall weather either. It will be so much fun to run around and play outside without melting!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio