Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Married Life Meme!

After reading Shannon's anniversary post and meme, I am doing my duty and joining in. :-)


1. What year did you meet your spouse? late in 2000


2. Who said “I love you” first? yeah, so...I can't remember. I even asked Jer, who also can't remember. However, I am 99.9% sure it was me, knowing us like I do. ;-)


3. How long after meeting your spouse did you get engaged? hmmm...we got engaged in early spring 2003. I suppose it was around two years after we met, but we did not begin dating immediately. He was just one of our hot pilots for awhile there and I don't date pilots. Oops. ;-)

4. How did the proposal go? Jer had been on a trip and arrived home to find me scurrying around trying to get ready for an evening out with our friends. He was talking to me and I was running around putting on make-up and fixing my hair. I must not have been paying much attention, because he finally said, "CHALNA! PLEASE come sit on the couch for a second and listen to me!". He had such a serious face when I sat down that I asked him if he was about to break up with me. HAHA! :-) He said the most precious things and asked me to marry him with the most beautiful ring that he bought in Phoenix. He had done a lot of research on the ring and even planned things out with the jeweler there so that he could buy the ring while he was out on the trip. It was the most amazing moment!!!!

5. When did you get married? July 11, 2003

6. What’s something that drives you nuts about your spouse? he doesn't like the same movies that I do. ;-)

7. How big is your bed? King size...we love it because there is plenty of room for Enzo and Ferris Mewler.

8. Who cooks dinner the most? It used to be Jer (he is a great cook!) but it is me since I started staying home with Colin. I think I have gotten really good!

9. Do you have any children? Only the sweetest boy in the world! :-)

10. What city was the first place you lived as a married couple? Bethlehem, PA

11. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We never had an official honeymoon. We married in Vegas over a long weekend.

12. What’s your favorite thing about being married? I adore that I share my life with my best friend. I love that I feel "complete" with Jeremy, like I am with my other half. It is just this safe, whole feeling that gives me peace. We were meant to be...we are just right. That feeling is my favorite part about being married.

13. What is one thing your spouse would say really annoys them about you? Probably that I am horrible with anything related to paperwork. He is so right about that. Jer literally took my voter registration card out of my hand the other day and put it away so I would not lose it. Which I totally would have. ;-)

14. Where’s your favorite place to go on vacation? We both want to spend time in Europe. Jer has been before, but I have not. We can't wait to go together one day.

15. What vehicle was your “get away” car from the wedding reception? a bright white limo! Vegas, baby!

16. Did you have a big wedding? No, it was teeny tiny! We practically eloped!

17. If you could change two things about your wedding what would they be? I would have done the honeymoon...we were so busy with work and I wish I had just done it anyway. I miss that we did not run away to Mexico or something equally great. We said we were going to have one shortly there after, but time got away and it never happened. Other than that, I would not have changed a thing about the actual wedding. It was adorable and perfect for us.
18. What’s your song? "Northern Sky" by Nick Drake. Long story here, but suffice it to say that this song will be important to me for all time.

19. What do you enjoy doing as a family/couple? As a couple, we loved to explore new foods and awesome places to eat before we had the little one. We will get back into that more when Colin is slightly older. We also loved going to the movies. Now, we are all about anything that is fun for Colin. We all love to picnic. Jer and I love to lay in bed at night and catch up on the news together, read, or just chat. Our hours together after Colin goes to bed have become very special to us.

20. How many family pets do you have? two...the famous Enzo the Italian Greyhound and Ferris Mewler the fat cat.

If you are reading this, you have been tagged!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys sound like such a sweet couple! As soon as I get around to it, I will do this one too!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio