Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008

I would be remiss if I did not make a note of such an important day in what is basically my online diary. I know that someday I will look back on this day to see what we were doing at the time and how we spent the big day. This is definitely an historic election between McCain and Obama and we have been watching things unfold for so long that I feel exhausted myself. Jer and I both voted early a few days ago, so we were able to avoid the lines today. Colin and I spent the day together as usual and we have been watching Fox News virtually all day long (with a little Playhouse Disney mixed in, of course!). We made a Target run this afternoon for a few odds and ends, but that was the extent of our errands. I made a tangy chicken meal in the crock pot for dinner and it turned out pretty well. I was going to make cupcakes for a fun election night treat, but I forgot the paper cups! Colin took two good naps today, so he was in high spirits and went to bed right on time at 7:30. Jer and I are now curled up in bed watching the election results roll in. Jer and I don't drink very often these days, but he just made us a cocktail (which is quite yummy!). I am on the laptop and he is reading over my shoulder while throwing in things he wants me to say (which I am not going to). :-) I don't talk politics on my blog, but I will say that I love election day and it always reminds me how very proud I am to be an American, regardless of the results. I would imagine that I am in for a very long night of news watching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, cocktails in bed while watching the coverage...exciting! That is making me wonder what I can whip up from the liquor cabinet. This night might call for a chocolate martini!

I can't talk politics with David- we cancel out each other's votes.

Anonymous said...

Why in the hell are you watching Fox News? Doesn't it make the little reporter in you want to barf?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio