Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Runny Noses

Well, Colin has a cold and I am not happy about it! We are finally over the stomach flu and here we go with a nice snotty cold. Colin has been sneezing all afternoon and is obviously congested with one heck of a runny nose. I am starting to have a hard time taking Colin out to play in public places because he literally gets sick almost every time he is around other children. For example, I am pretty sure he caught this cold during the Halloween carnival since Jackson also has come down with it. Since Colin stays home with me, he has been remarkably well, which is a blessing. However, when we venture out to public playgrounds, he has no immunity at all to the germs. I need to stay on top of hand washing and just try to keep his hands out of his mouth while we play outside. Good luck on that! :-) I know that I can't keep him locked up inside all winter, but I really hope that we can avoid getting sick every single time we venture out!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just going to have to view every cold/bug as almost a good thing. It is essential that Colin build up a strong immune system. That is literally essential to his survival. Since he is at home and not around other kids, he is fighting these battles later than most. So even though it sucks, it's a good thing in the long run. That's how my pedi explained it me, and it's the only thing that made sense to me.

Advice: I would start doing to Vaseline on the opening of his nose now because you can count on a crusty, raw nose soon. That always comes with the runny nose junk. Oh wait...you didn't ask for advice. You can just thank my pain meds. Since I can't literally speak, I am getting awfully opinionated with my keyboard. :)

Chalna said...

I am VERY glad for the advice!! You can use your keyboard on me whenever you want! ;-) I never even thought about his nose and I have been wiping it constantly...I am going to put Vaseline on right now!! He hates it when I wipe his face at all, so this is a pain in the butt! I swear he would rather have a snotty face than me wipe him! UGH!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio