Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Day On The Ranch

We have had a busy week so far and I can't believe that it is already Wednesday night! Today was our big pony riding playdate and it was wonderful and a little bit disappointing at the same time. First of all, I would move out to this area in a heartbeat! The drive out there was only 20 minutes, but it was out in the country in the most beautiful place! There were lots of mamas and kiddos there, including several friends that I did not know would be there. That was a great surprise! The ponies were the sweetest, most adorable things you ever saw and I really thought as we walked down the path together and took in the awesome surroundings that Colin was going to have a blast. Not so much. He wanted nothing to do with the ponies and I mean NOTHING! I tried and tried to convince him to give it a try and ride one and then I gave up on that and tried to at least get him to pet one. Nope. Heather (the home owner and awesome mama!) had a great backyard set-up that included a huge sandbox, so Colin played with the toys for awhile and stayed clear of the horses. I certainly don't mind that he was not into the horses...you never know with toddlers. Colin's little friend Scarlett (two years old) was in LOVE with the horses and must have gone on 10 rides. It was so cute! You just never know what each one is going to like or dislike. No, it was his overall temperament that has me a little worried. Colin is generally not a clingy child and likes to take off and do his own thing. Normally I have to watch like a hawk because he will take off! He is also very smiley and silly. For the last few days he has seemed a little withdrawn and today he literally would not let go of me. At one point he had his little arms latched around my neck and his head buried in my collar. That is so unlike him! He has also been bursting into tears and putting both hands in his mouth. Poor thing!!! I can see lots of ugly spiky white points sticking out all over his gums, so I know he is cutting several new teeth. I think that may be the reason for his mood shift this week. I may take him to see the pedi tomorrow just to make sure that his ears are clear. I can't wait for the day that he can tell me exactly what is bothering him. It will make the guessing game so much easier! :-)

Here are some pictures from the BEAUTIFUL event today. It was sunny, calm and 75 degrees out. A perfect day!!


Colin is trying on ALL the hats they brought. He literally tried on each one. He would not, however, leave one on long enough to get a picture of. My favorite things about this shot are his chubby little baby fingers gripping the hat. I LOVE THOSE FINGERS! :-)

This was the medium sized Shetland pony for the bigger kids. He was ADORABLE and so loving. I must have given him 10 hugs.

This is the cutie that Colin attempted to ride. Or should I say that I attempted to force him to ride. Either way, there was no riding. ;-) His fur was so soft...I wanted to take him home!




One view of the sandbox and all the kiddos (Colin is in the blue stripes). I cannot tell you how much I wish this was my home. It was AMAZING out there! The perfect place to raise kids.


I snapped this shot from my car window as we were driving into the neighborhood. Those statues were stunning and there were more lining the sides of the road, too. It was glorious. If I have readers who are not Texans, well, this may seem silly. But I LOVE IT! I have already told Jer that I need to move. Now. hehehehe!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool place! And that pony...oh my goodness! How sweet. For stuff like that, I never know if Gabby is going to be petrified or if she is going to be in heaven.

Alieson said...

I am TOTALLY going to live out there with horses and the whole 9!!! And when I'm not out on the road, I want Colin there ALL THE TIME! Lol...that's my plan, Sheen. ;) Love you!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio