Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Weekend Kick-off










Colin and I attended another egg hunt this morning that was thrown by one of my meetup mommy groups. Colin had a lot more fun at this event because there were only about 40 kids and there was plenty of room for everyone to hunt and actually find eggs! The location was a great park that I had no idea existed and I am very glad that I know about it now. One entire playground was completely covered, which will make for a great spot when the Texas summer is upon us. This morning, however, it was very cold outside! It was 55 degrees when we arrived and I had not checked the weather before we left! I was freezing in my thin shirt and flip flops and Colin was wearing shorts and a short-sleeved t-shirt! Thankfully I keep one of Colin's jackets in the car for just these occasions. It ended up being a wonderful morning and I am glad that we attended. Tomorrow we are taking Colin to the Ft. Worth Zoo, which I am very excited about. We are going right when they open to hopefully avoid what will inevitably be a packed day. Easter Sunday will be at Jer's parents house, so the weekend is full and ready to go!

Colin is doing all sorts of new and adorable things at the moment. He is suddenly very interactive, which I LOVE. We hold the beginnings of real conversations with each other...I am starting to slowly make out words from his steady stream of babbles and I make a huge production out of him saying something right. His newest move is to make the bear sound. I say, "Colin, what does the bear say?" and Colin says, "GRRRRRR!!!". Let me tell you, it is the cutest thing ever. I find this far more adorable than the doggie and even the monkey sounds he does. ;-) It really is hysterical. He makes a big show out of saying it nice and growl-like. He has a LOT more words and my doctor was certainly right, it does come in explosions. He did something today that I found especially cute, which I have to share for memories sake. He was sorting through his candy filled eggs when we got home and inside were Hershey's Kisses. I have never given him one of those in his life, he has never seen one. In fact, I have never handed him a piece of candy at all before that I can think of. Anyway, I am sitting on the couch and he is standing beside me holding this kiss in his hand. Without hesitation, he begins peeling the wrapper off very carefully, like he is thinking very hard about doing it right. I keep quiet and watch. He peels the whole thing and then holds up the chocolate for me to see. He then stuffs the kiss in his mouth, looks somber for a moment, and then breaks into a huge, chocolate teeth covered smile. I was rolling with laughter. Apparently some things are innate in a human being...important little tidbits like what candy is, how it comes wrapped, and how to get into it and eat it. There was really no need for explanation. :-)


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think it is IN OUR NATURE to know how to eat chocolate!! Gabby was doing the same thing when we were at the grocery store and she was eating Nestle eggs...I just thought it was so cute to watch her carefully unwrap the delicate foil, and then happily start munching away on the candy! Although for us, half the time WE think it is something new for her, it is something she has been doing at daycare.

Oh, and I love the top you have on in the pictures...very cute!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio