Thursday, June 25, 2009

Feeling HOT HOT HOT!

It is flipping HOT outside. As usual in Texas, we jumped from 80 degree days to 100 degree days without skipping a beat. Colin and I have been spending as much time as possible in air conditioning or at the pool. Days at the park are done until fall...no water, no me. :-) We met friends at the splash park yesterday and good lord have mercy was it HOT! Colin seems to have no concept of the temps because he spent most of the time on the playground instead of in the water. I was following him around the slides begging him to play in the splash zone instead, "Please? Pretty please?? Mama is melting, baby..." The good news is that he wore himself out and took a wonderful 2.5 hour nap, which is always a good thing!!


Colin is still changing so much everyday it seems...new words, new tricks and new accidents. He busted my lip wide open this morning by tossing Jer's PDA at me. I was laying in bed and Colin picked it up and threw it while sitting on my lap. He has gotten so much better with the throwing lately that I have started to let my guard down while he is holding heavy objects, which was obviously not a good plan. To look on the bright side, my bottom lip looks decidedly like Angelina Jolie's at the moment. Despite the war wound, Colin is getting a lot better at expressing himself without violence. Really. ;-) He is adding to his vocabulary every single day and forever surprising me with things he knows. He love love LOVES to cook with me. Whenever he sees me start to even head toward the kitchen, he runs into the laundry room, points at the step ladder we keep there and yells, "COOK!!". I will set the ladder where I am standing and he crawls up and starts to oversee and point things out. It takes me forever to get anything done, but he loves it so much that I let him. I think raising a man who loves to cook should get me a medal one of these days. It does run in the family, Jeremy is an excellent chef.


I will stop for the moment and leave you with some random photos...the lone shot of Colin and Gabby during their playdate on Monday and a couple of Colin and I during our endless sweaty playtime. Almost daily someone points out how much Colin resembles me and I can see it in the picture on the couch. When our heads are turned at the same angle, you can see our matching noses and smiles. Except that I missed out on the delicious dimples. Pooh! :-)








2 comments:

The Murrays said...

Okay, I haven't ever read this post yet, but I'm just going to let you know now that I'm holding you personally responsible for the "Feeling Hot Hot Hot" song lyrics that are going to be running through my head the rest of the day.AND THOSE ARE THE ONLY WORDS OF THE WHOLE SONG THAT I KNOW. LoL.

The Murrays said...

even. not ever. "feeling hot hot hot..." (see. it's already started!)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio