Saturday, March 15, 2008

Colin Becomes Art!


I recently had the pleasure of becoming Internet friends with an amazing artist who I hired to paint a watercolor portrait of Colin. She finished it this week and emailed me a scan of it (picture above)...literally amazing. It took my breath away and I am so excited to get it!! I have already decided that I am going to have her paint yearly pictures of him so that I can have a series of paintings of Colin growing up by one artist. I will take a picture of it when I get it framed and hung and will post it. I am just so excited to get it! I can barely stand the wait! It makes me tear up just looking at it...I know that I will spend a lifetime looking at that painting...even when Colin is a grown man.
Jer has been delayed and is still not home yet...but hopefully soon! We are very anxious for him to be back! Colin is sound asleep and I am getting ready to sign out for the night myself. There is not much to post tonight...today was pretty uneventful, although the weather was amazing. Colin and I ran some errands together and picked up some new pj's for him. It is just getting too warm to keep him in his winter ones, not to mention the fact that all those 9 month clothes barely snap anymore. He is growing up too fast! Now he has a nice new stack of 12 month clothes and pj's, so we should be set for...oh...two months. haha! :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That came out so good! You should post the artist's web site/blog and drum up some business for her.

Randomness...what size shoes is Colin wearing now? I love the new pic of him in your sidebar, but lordy those look like huge hoofers! My rugrats are still wearing size 3 which is so weird since I have massive size 10 feet.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio