Friday, March 14, 2008

Last Night in T-Town

Well, tonight is my last night at my parents house...at least for this trip! Colin and I are going to head home in the morning. The plan was actually to go home today, but he was running a slight fever this afternoon and he was not feeling well, so I decided to delay the trip till tomorrow. I think this is all teething, but we shall see. He did not go to sleep until 9:30 tonight, which is really super late for Colin. I really hope he is not getting sick!! His dad is finally coming home on Saturday and we are both really excited to have him home!!

My wonderful mom has made me copies of lots of her recipes to take home with me. She still has a lot more to go, but she is hand writing them for me, which is taking awhile. I love that I will have these hand written recipes forever to hand down to my kids. My mother-in-law actually did the same thing for me at Christmas, so we are going to have all the family recipes to keep for the kids, which I just love. Colin will probably be a great chef just like his dad is!

It has been so wonderful being at home this week and it was really great to have my parents around to lean on. Sometimes it is just nice to be a kid again and have your parents take care of you. My mom made me french toast this morning as I was sitting in my usual early morning stupor brought on by getting up all during the night with Colin. She just kept refilling my plate with hot french toast and as usual, I felt better afterwards. I have tried to get her to come back to my house and live, but apparently that won't work with her career and all. :-)

I know my wonderful friends from T-town having been soaking up all this hometown chat...Melissa, you need to take a week off and come home, too. It does a body good!! And if you want to get started on memories...I was driving past the practice field and could not help but think of "leather Thursday's". Practice with the band, baby! :-)

And Shannon...I completely agree with you. If I could freeze time and have Tyler stay circa 1994, I would do it in a heartbeat! It seems so strange to see all these new places around here. I can't tell you how many times a day I have said, "When did we get that?!". Crazy!!

So...signing out from Tyler!! :-)

1 comments:

Melibelle said...

I'm going there tomorrow but just for the day. I'd love a week! I just might sometime this summer! A vacation to home! But it was nice living through your trip! :)

Sorry the little man isn't feeling weel :(

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio