Sunday, March 9, 2008

Colin + Travel = Tired Chalna

My poor little man is still working on this whole traveling thing. I broke down and put his old car seat back in the Pilot. I just did not want to risk a problem while on the road by myself with a 7 month old and a crazy little dog. We have really been working on the new seat, but Colin is not a fan yet. If I don't sit with him in the back seat, he freaks out. He just can't fall asleep in it yet. I know I set us back by switching seats today, but oh well. To quote Scarlett, "I won't worry about that today, I'll worry about that tomorrow!". ;-)

He slept the entire way here, but still had lots and lots of trouble going to bed tonight. I think the time change messed with him also. Finally after a hot bath and lots of food, he passed out. Hopefully he will let me sleep some tonight, but the first night on the road is always the worst. I wonder when they grow out of this? I think the key is probably to travel with him more often. That is hard work with such a young child!

It does feel really good to be home. I will always consider this house to be "home base"....even though I love where Jer and I live now and would not change it. I think that comes from the fact that my parents still live in the same house that I grew up in from age three. I have just never known any different! It feels like walking into a special haven, where everything is safe and good. I know that probably sounds silly to most, but it is the way I feel. My mom and I went to the grocery store when I arrived. The exact same grocery store that I shopped with her in back when I could ride in the cart! I was thinking as I was walking around that it sure does seem strange that I was there as a 30 year old buying formula for my own child...walking around the same aisles that I did as a toddler. hmmm...I am being sappy, huh? I told you I was tired!! ;-)

1 comments:

Melibelle said...

Glad you'll be blogging from Tyler!

Not sappy at all! I totally understand! :) And again I'm jealous you get to spend the whole week there!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio