Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Update

Happy Saturday! The end of the week was very quiet here...not much going on besides the constant teething. Poor Colin is holding up well, but the pedi says he saw lots of teeth getting ready to come in, so we need prayers!! :-) The weekend is always good for me because Jer is around on Saturday and Sunday mornings to take care of Colin while I catch a couple of extra hours of sleep. It makes a huge difference for me! Jer's parents who live up north are coming to visit tomorrow and we are excited to see them. This set has not seen Colin since they came right after he was born, so they are in for a BIG surprise! It will be so much fun! We are cleaning today in preparation for their arrival...and this place is a mess! The house has been the last thing on my list for a long time, so once we started deep cleaning this morning, we realized what a mess we had. Spring cleaning is on. Have I mentioned that I hate spring cleaning? ;-)

New tidbits about Colin:

His hair is suddenly growing very quickly. In the past two weeks it has started to get really long and curly. I find myself brushing the hair off his forehead several times a day, not to mention absentmindedly running my hands through the curls in the back. It is so soft...I love his hair! I am going to be a MESS when we cut it!

He can crawl in his sleep. Colin gets up on all fours when he is in bed, but has yet to do it during the day. He is getting significantly more frustrated with sitting in one place, so I think we are probably close to a break through with the crawling. Right now, he leans forward on his hands and grunts angrily when he is sick of where he is. He is either going to take off and crawl or just get up and walk out the front door. I have not decided which one it will be just yet. ;-)

I created a monster with the walker. He loves it so much! He would stay in it all the time if I let him...he runs around the house (yes, runs!) chasing Enzo and Ferris. He screams with joy and claps his hands the whole time.

He is in love with the theme song from The Backyardigans. I cannot emphasize enough how much he loves that song. We record it every night for him and no matter what he is doing, when he hears the first note of that song he turns to the tv, laughs, claps his hands, and then glues his eyes to the screen. That show is his favorite thing in the world right now. In fact, he loves music a lot. We discovered Barney and Friends on PBS this week and they sing a lot during that show. He loves that, too. But nothing beats The Backyardigans.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio