Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Changes are a brewing!

Changes are afoot with Mr. Colin. I know something big is about to happen...I am just not sure what it is. I don't know if he is getting a big molar or about to walk out the front door, but something is going on with him. My man is a champion napper...you have never heard me complain about that one...but now he won't even take his naps. I can sense this is beyond sleep issues and I have a feeling that he is getting ready to make a big change. It could be just a growth spurt or something bigger...but mark my words...changes are coming. I just feel it in my gut.

He is getting so big...lots of his 12 months clothes just won't snap anymore or they are too tight to be comfy. The main problem is the jumpers, which I love to dress Colin in. They are simple and comfortable for lounging around the house all day, but still look extra cute when we go out. I bought several of them when JC Penney was having a sale in March...it was the Okidokie line, which I think runs really really small. Those are all way too small now and I am wishing that I had not stocked up on them! The Carters 12 month line just fits, so I am trying to wear the heck out of those right now. We went to JC Penney this afternoon to look at the 18 month outfits and I walked back to the baby section where I always go...and noticed after a couple of minutes that we can no longer shop in the "baby" section. I had to go across the aisle into "Toddler Boys". Of course, me being me, I had to stop at the edge of the baby section and take it in for a moment. There I was, standing in a sea of baby blue and tiny little outfits and across from me loomed the bright reds and blues and the huge "TODDLER" sign with pictures of boys playing in sandboxes. I know I am a huge sap, but I could not help but thinking that it was another one of those moments that you look back on...another rung on the ladder.

Anyway, Colin went down again tonight at 7:20...I am trying to get him down by 7pm, but it is hard to time it right to get him bathed, fed, read to, snuggled, and asleep by then. He is responding really well to the earlier bedtime, so I am going to keep going with it. He took an extra bottle today, so I think we may be heading into a growth spurt. Like he needs one of those!! :-)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio