Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lazy Weekend

This is an extremely lazy Memorial weekend! Colin slept really fitfully on Friday night...waking up screaming at 11:30pm and again at 4:00am. We finally had to get up with him at 5:30. He had been running a low grade fever on Friday evening and it stuck around all day yesterday. I kept waiting for him to get sicker, but he just kept the low fever all day and was generally a fuss pot. As we were getting ready for bath time last night I noticed that his top "fangs" are coming in on either side of his front teeth. (they are so cute!!) I am therefore guessing that the fever and fussiness are due to teething yet again. My sleep book claims that teething "does not cause night waking" and each book I read has a differing opinion on the fevers... "Teething does NOT cause a fever or runny nose!".... "Teething can cause a fever and runny nose!"...etc. However, because I am his mother and that automatically makes me smarter than all doctors and authors...I say it is teething. :-)

The bad news is that we skipped a party at my friend Dana's house yesterday due to said fever. I was really looking forward to going and having a good time, but I was so worried that Colin's fever was an illness. I hate nothing more than when people bring a sick child out and get Colin sick...that really pisses me off! Therefore, we kept Colin home yesterday. Now that it looks like Colin is not in the least bit sick, I am sad that I missed out on the festivities. Oh well. Colin slept much better last night and this morning we all had waffles for breakfast, including the little man. He loved them! He probably fed at least half of his share to Enzo, but I finally gave up trying to stop him. Enzo loves Colin more than ever now. ;-)

As we speak, Colin is sitting behind me playing with the big diaper box that I just opened. We buy the family pack of Luvs that comes in the box and Colin likes to turn it into a baby sized fort. Right now he is beating it like a drum. Our panther of a cat is laying beside him just out of baby grasp. Ferris Mewler likes to keep an eye on Colin. It is really sweet considering that the cat is mean to pretty much everyone else that lives here. :-) This afternoon we are planning on making a trip out to an adorable little specialty toy shop that I found. Colin's friend Hunter is having her first birthday next weekend and I know exactly what we are going to get her. I can't tell, though, because her mom reads this blog! Hi, Mel! HAHA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you guys yesterday! Glad to hear it is just teething and nothing more serious. Kids and grownups had fun yesterday...in the last few months we have gotten a little swingset, a splash mat/sprinkler, and we converted our dining room into a playroom (for Gabby's ever-expanding collection of toys), and the little gang got to test drive all of it. We had fun! We are probably going to get the group together again next month....we are thinking June 28th!

Chalna said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Now I am even sadder that we missed it!! Colin loves other babies and hardly ever gets to play with them! We will be at the next one for sure!!!!

We have a small house that does not have a dining room, so we had to move our coffee table and all things adult out of our main living area and converted it into Colin playland complete with huge playmat. Great for Colin, really bad for grown-ups. ;-) I can't wait to get a bigger house! I can't even imagine how tight it will be in here after another Christmas! YIKES!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio