Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Post About Food!

Colin has started eating lots of new foods in the past few days, so I thought I would devote a post to what his meals look like right now. This is one of those things that I want to document for posterity. :-)

Bottles: Colin takes three bottles during the day and he very rarely makes any changes to the schedule. Each bottle is 7 or 8 ounces. He takes them at around 7:30am, 12:00pm, and 5:00pm. One funny thing...Colin is not interested in eating immediately after he wakes up in the morning, despite having no bottles during the night anymore. He wakes up at 6:00am every day, but he won't even look at a bottle until 7:00am or later. I think that is funny because I am not big on breakfast when I first wake up either. I like to think that is a little mom trait coming out. :-)

Food: Colin always eats breakfast at around 8:30am, lunch sometime around 1:00pm, and dinner at around 6:15pm.

BREAKFAST: He always eats a YoBaby Yogurt or Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon (baby food). Sometimes he will have some scrambled egg or waffles on the weekends if we cook breakfast for ourselves.

LUNCH: For lunch today he had bite size pieces of chicken nuggets, cheddar cheese cubes, and watermelon. I try to always give him cut up pieces of fresh fruit and cheese at lunch, which he really enjoys. He used to always eat a jar of baby food fruit and veggie and lunch, but lately that is becoming really hard to pull off. He likes to feed himself and starts to swipe at the spoon a lot. Breakfast is still working because he loves that yogurt, but even that is getting harder.

DINNER: I have started letting him try whatever we are eating and the results have been great. Last night he had some of the Eggplant Parm that I made and loved it. However, his stomach kept him up off and on until 11pm last night, so I think that one might have been a bit much for him. Tonight I made a pineapple chicken over brown rice and he ate that, as well as diced peaches that he fed himself. He still has several stage 3 dinners that he likes and I am feeding him those off and on as well. I am starting to only feed those if what I make is too spicy or something he should not eat.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio