Sunday, May 4, 2008

On this day in history...

I got out Colin's baby book today to do some much needed updating and noticed something...exactly one year ago today we had our 3D ultrasound to look at Colin. It was a huge day for us and something that was scheduled months in advance. It was a Friday afternoon (leap year this year means today is Sunday instead of Saturday...that confused me at first!) and I took off work early for the appointment. My parents came in town and my sister Alieson was also with Jer and I. I was beyond excited. I had friends who did not want the 3D ultrasound because it "took away the surprise" of seeing the baby for the first time, but I did not feel that way at all. I was beside myself to see his little face. It was all I could do to make it until May 4th!! I was lucky because my doctor actually had the 3D equipment on site and patients of my doctor only had to pay $95 for it. We got stacks of pictures out of the deal as well. So we went in, the lights were dimmed, and everyone turned excited eyes to the monitor. And Colin had both feet and hands in front of his face. He was contorted in the worst possible way for the ultrasound. The sonographer spent 30 minutes manipulating my belly, sending little shocks with a joy stick looking object (Colin did not even flinch) and having me turn in all kinds of odd positions to get Colin to move around for a good shot. She was so sweet...she told me that I could go have a snack and walk around for awhile so that she could see her next patient and then she would try again. So my whole family sat in the waiting room while I literally jogged around my doctor's office begging Colin to move his feet so that I could see his face! Out of breath and sweating, I headed back into the office and we tried again about a half hour later. Colin was still covering his face with his feet. After a lot of work, we were finally able to get two pictures that actually showed his face. The sonographer was upset that she was not able to get lots of good shots for us, but I had what I needed. I finally got to see Colin's little nose and eyes and his sweet mouth. It was unreal. I spent the whole evening looking at the pictures over and over again. When I pulled out the shots today, Jer and I were taken aback at how much he looks like those pictures even now. His little nose and mouth are perfectly recognizable as my Colin. What an amazing day that was...one year ago today.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio