Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy 11 Months, Colin!


My sweet little man is 11 months old today! Yea, Colin!! There have been so many changes in the last month...he can take 3 or 4 steps on his own before he falls and loves to stand up all the time. He crawls all around the house now and is getting into everything he can get his hands on! He sleeps through the night (most of the time!) and takes three 8 oz bottles a day along with three meals of solids. He loves to feed himself and this month he has tried (and loved!) cheese cubes, deli meats, guacamole, chicken nuggets, french fries, watermelon, cantaloupe, peas, carrots, peaches, mac and cheese, all kinds of bread and tasted of just about every dinner that I have made. I gave him his first taste of regular milk today in a sippie cup...not a fan. I am going to have to move slowly with that one and let him develop a taste for it. He loves water, so I think he was just thrown off by the taste of milk coming from his sippie that is normally full of water. He drinks soy formula, but has no problem with cheese, eggs, or yogurt, so I am hoping that stomach wise he will be okay. Jer is a little worried on that front...he remembers how hard the cows milk formula was on him and how much he spit up. The pedi seemed confident that it would be okay, so I am staying positive. He did not really taste enough today to tell.

I am starting to get nervous about food. There is only one short month left of Colin getting his "meal-in-a-bottle" of formula and I am starting to stress about how hungry he will be and if I will be able to keep him satisfied (and healthy!) without those bottles. He likes to feed himself and has started to bat away the spoon when I try to feed him. Therefore, he gets little bites of things like cheese, fruit, crackers, and lunch meats. He eventually starts to play with it and feeding it to Enzo. It all seems like more fun than nourishing. I have not stressed about it because I know he is getting all his vitamins and good stuff in his bottles. Without that, it will be up to me to make sure that he has a well rounded diet with plenty of fruits and veggies and proteins. That seems daunting at this point. One step at a time, I guess. I worry...that is what I am known for and with a baby...I am taking it to new levels! ;-)

His "words" at this 11th month consist of "ma ma", "da da", "na na", and "ba ba". If we say, "Colin, where is Mama?", he will look at me and laugh and the same for Jer. It is so cute! He will also do it for Enzo and "kitty". Jer thinks that he is calling his nuk "nana" and I think he may be right. I can't wait until he is really calling us by name. That will be so much fun. Happy 11 months, Squirt!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hunter is not a fan of cow's milk either. She will lay in the floor and throw a fit. So we are drinking the formula for toddlers. We have tried it in a cup, bottle, with chocolate everyway possible. Not happening!! Good luck!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio